Some more new faces to the group this month, thank you for coming along…
This month we had the pleasure of Peter Trembeth, from Peter Trembeth Wealth Management, taking up our 10-minute speaker slot. He gave us an insight on ‘The Importance of have a Plan’.
First piece of advice was to ‘Keep things simple’ and to do this we need to recognise the three stages throughout our life that we need to consider to plan properly…
1. Building & Accumulation Stage – Leaving education, getting jobs, buying a house, family, children – this is our working life
2. Managing – Retirement, stop working – to do this we need to use what we have built
3. Cascading – Decisions on what to do with our wealth once we are no longer here, ensure it goes to the right people that we would like it to.
So, Peter’s role is to ascertain what his client’s objectives are so that he can ensure he gives the best direction, advice and financial products that will be best for their end goal to try to assist them to achieve this.
Unfortunately, life does not always allow us to keep to our plans, dreams, etc, this could be due to illness, divorce, accidents, redundancy, etc. Because of this we all need a ‘Plan B’.
Plan B = Protection =
The statistics in 2013 were showing that people are now living a lot longer and so it is more important to make sure that we plan properly to ensure that we can have the dreams that we would like.
People born in 2013 are predicted to live, on average, until 100-years-old
People aged 65 in 2013 are predicted to live, on average, until 100-years-old
Other obstacles that should be considered outside of our personal lives are other problems that come along and can impact on our lives, plans and dreams, such as:-
· Low Interest Rates
· Middle East
· North Korea
· Use tax efficient investments
· Diversify your investments widely
· Review your plan, annually ideally
· Take action & get professional advice
If you are interested in looking into how Peter can help you, then check out www.ptrembeth.co.uk Peter is also offering a FREE seminar on Auto Enrolment at Mandora House in Aldershot on 30th September, 10am - 12pm, book via Eventbrite or contact Peter email@example.com
Next Evening Networking Tuesday 20th September, 6-8pm in La Galleria Restaurant.
Next Morning Networking Wednesday 5th October 7-9am in Yateley Industries Hall.
Check out our website for more information and to book www.yateleynetworking.co.uk