He opened up with ‘Why Make a Will?’
- It helps with decision making, if you do not make a Will then the government will make the decision on what happens with your estate.
- Reduces Inheritance Tax
- Covers your children’s welfare
- Can cover your funeral arrangements
- Enables you to set up trusts against youthful irresponsibility
- Stops family feuds
- Your spouse will inherit everything! This is not true, it is dependent on asset values and ownership of assets.
- Your children will automatically go to your family! This is not necessarily so?
- 50 million adults in the UK
- 20 million do not have a Will in place
- 70% of couples don’t have a will in place
Things to Consider?
- Laws of Intestacy can come in if no will is in place – can get messy
- Set up Trusts
- Arrange Lasting Powers of Attorney to protect against loss of mental capacity
- Company Wills for Ltd companies – who do you wish to leave your company to?
What is required?
- A Will writer
- A Signature!
So a very big thank you to Andrew for an informative presentation and the draw of the bottle of wine. If anyone is interested in contacting him regarding their Will then you can contact him by email firstname.lastname@example.org
We had a very good attendance yet again and more new faces so thank you to everyone for supporting this networking event.
We suggested about a quarterly evening event to be held in La Galleria and would this be of interest to those that attended this month? It was felt that it could be good and would possibly attract an additional audience for those that do not tend to like to do early morning networking. We will make contact with La Galleria and get a date in the diary sometime following the Easter break and keep you all informed.
Thank you again to Sandhurst Bakery for the pastries and we look forward to seeing you all next month, Wednesday 1st April 7-9am. Continue to spread the word!