Our numbers were a little low this month but the event had fallen on the half term week and it was noticeable that possibly female business owners had taken time out as we only had men in attendance which was unusual as we are usually a mixed bunch of men and ladies.
Our 10-minute speaker slot was taken by Geoff Roy from Leapfrog Internet Marketing, giving us tips of 'How to get found by more customers in Yateley and beyond'.
The is an approximate population of 20,000 people in Yateley so there re many opportunities to make contact with businesses very locally to your business before looking to search further.
Geoff used Abstract Print and Design, focusing on the search as Graphic Design, as an example of his presentation to demonstrate to us how to use Google Search for this purpose.
Generally, if you are using SEO well you should be able to get your business in the grid containing the top three businesses. This is the only 3 that will show up on a mobile device so it is very important if you want to be found.
Google My Business is a free service that you can use to assist with this. Once you have registered you can add your profile and make sure that it is then claimed then the aim would be to complete it to score 100%.
- When choosing a category just choose the key primary one in your business that you want most attention brought to, e.g. Graphic Design.
- Ensure that you complete your business name, address and a 'local' contact number and make sure that whatever other directories you list your business in that this is consistent throughout as Google are looking for consistency.
- Moz Local is Free and will give you information of what percentage you are at as to how well you will be found, there are then ways that you can increase the percentage on this site.
- It is researched that 40% of our customers on google will come via our website, the other 60% will come through other links, directories, etc.
- To increase your traffic to your website, get on as many other Yateley (for example) sites as you can and these will then link to your website. Examples are:-
- Churches, offer a donation and they may add you
- Charities, most have a supporter's page which you could be added to
- Networking sites
- Further afield, Hampshire sites, Fleet Business Network and Local Press Releases
If anyone is interested in taking up the 10-minute speaker slot at future events, then please contact Karen or Tara on 01252 690143 or email email@example.com and we will be happy to arrange this with you.
For future dates, information and previous blogs please take a look at the website www.yateleynetworking.co.uk
We look forward to seeing you ad anyone you think would benefit from coming along at our next Evening Networking Event on Tuesday 21st June, 6-8pm at La Galleria Restaurant.
Our next month's Morning Event is on Wednesday 6th July, 7-9am in the hall at Yateley Industries.