Last week at our Yateley Networking Meeting we had the pleasure of Jon Davies from Jon Davies Hypnotherapy to carry out the 10-minute speaker slot.
Fear, Phobia’s, Habits & Addictions
What are these?
· Fear An emotional response to a real or perceived threat
Basic survival mechanism – Fight or Flight
If we didn’t experience fear, we wouldn’t be able to protect ourselves from danger, harm, or pain
Relate to concern of what is happening now and next
· Phobia A fear often irrational, whereby the emotional response is so strong that it
interferes with the ability to function and/or quality of life
Phobia’s are only bad, very few people have a phobia unless they have been diagnosed with it
There are literally 100’s of phobias
· Habit An act that is built by repetition to the point where the person is not aware
they are doing it
Can be positive (good) or negative (bad)
A person is in control of these and can control them
· Addiction A habit where the person knows they are doing it but have no control
Only bad, after done to avoid emotional needs
Usually require medication
How Hypnosis Can Help?
· Help people enter a deep state of relaxation
· Offer ‘suggestions’ to the subconscious part of the brain
· Develop new ideas and ways of thinking/responding in the future
How many sessions are required?
· Fears & Habits – 1-3 Sessions
· Phobias & Addictions – 4-6 Sessions
So, if this is something that interests you or you would like to chat to Jon regarding anything that you would like addressing?
You can get hold of him by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Next month, Wednesday 5th April, is our first ‘Speed Networking’ event of this year. Please try to keep this date free in your diaries and come along; and for our regulars please bring some new visitors so that we can all benefit from meeting new contacts.
Check out our website for up-to-date information on future meetings and blogs www.yateleynetworking.co.uk