Simon Mitchell for Photo Enterprise gave us some helpful tips on the lighting when taking a head shot photo for your business and how this can affect the look of the photo, making it more or less professional.
There are six types of lighting, Split, Loop, Short, Rembrandt, Broad and Butterfly.
- Split Taken from the left side gives a half light, half dark image to the face, usually used for musicians and artists giving a dynamic image
- Loop Again from the left but at a 45-degree angle, giving more light to the face with less Shadow
- Short This is taken in a similar way to the loop
- Rembrandt Taken at a 45-degree angle forming a shadow on the cheek
- Broad The main light is at the left of the head with the head turning into the light
- Butterfly The light is behind and above, shining down onto the head giving a small shadow under the nose hence the name butterfly, the full face is lit.
Simon offered head shots at the end of the meeting at £12 and donated £2 per shot to Yateley Industries. He took 7 shots so the donation totalled to £14. Thank you Simon.
If you are interested in contacting Simon you can do so by visiting www.photoenterprise.co.uk
Secondly we had Robin who represents the Federation of Small Businesses (FSB), he informed us of the benefits of becoming a member and how it can help support and protect your business. This has been around for approximately 50 years, it gets a lot of publicity through the media, it has a slot on a Breakfast Program, and is in the papers, it provides a full legal package to businesses. Here are some of the benefits:-
- Consists of 60 Solicitors
- Provides a 2 monthly update informing of the changes in the law.
- Specialise in Employment with 20 specialised Solicitors in this area
- Will support in an Industrial Tribunal and pay costs up to £50,000
- 200 Documents to download to assist with all areas
- Taxation, will support with Tax investigation inspections, HMRC are currently targeting small businesses, FSB with gather all your information and then take care of everything on your behalf, all the specialists are Ex-HMRC Inspectors. If HMRC see your FSB logo on your website, they will avoid you
- Criminal Prosecution, will pay costs up to £50,000
- Personal Injury, will pay costs up to £50,000
- Data Protection, will pay costs up to £50,000
- £100 per day for up to 10 days paid by FSB if called to attend Jury Service
- Will seek the best prices for Public Liability, Insurances for Buildings, Contents and Stock
- Offer FREE Business Banking through the Co-Op, no fees
- Credit Cards
- Marketing Flyers
- Assist with the Pension Auto Enrolment, currently have the best offer using Legal & General
- Provide Networking Facilities that run fortnightly
If the FSB is something that you are interested in finding out more about then you can visit www.fsb.org.uk or contact Robin Jackson email@example.com
To find out when our next networking events are taking place visit www.yateleynetworking.co.uk